One-Week Workshop: Mastering Redecision Therapy
Mastering Redecision Therapy is a 6-day workshop that will help you learn, practice, and “master” redecision therapy, a powerful, short-term treatment approach. Join us for the Mastering Redecision Therapy workshop and learn to effectively treat a number of difficulties including depression, anxiety, panic, phobias, obsessive-compulsive disorders, and early trauma. In the Mastering redecision therapy workshop, you will learn to integrate cognitive, behavioral, and affective work in a brief, in-depth, approach.
Mastering Redecision Therapy offers a deep look into the theories behind this brief, action-oriented therapeutic approach. Redecision therapy elicits the power and autonomy of the client and facilitates change in a fun and exciting way. The Mastering Redecision Therapy workshop offers ample opportunities for practice and personal work using video supervision.
This workshop is designed for trained psychotherapists, including licensed professional counselors, licensed social workers, licensed psychologists, marriage and family therapists, nurse practitioners, psychiatrists, and others in the mental health fields. In addition to a theoretical understanding that will serve as a road map for working with clients, they will experience a number of exercises that are immediately applicable to individual, couples, and group therapy work. Come experience the effectiveness of this powerful and exciting approach. Register now for Mastering Redecision Therapy!
For an in-depth look at what you will learn: View Schedule
LEARNING OBJECTIVES – PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Identify by name the creators of redecision therapy.
- Discuss the contribution of TA to redecision therapy.
- Elaborate on the contribution of gestalt therapy to redecision therapy.
- List the clinical settings in which redecision therapy is an appropriate intervention.
- List the seven major components of redecision therapy.
- Describe the basic process of redecision therapy.
- List the 14 steps in the redecision process.
- Discuss the significance of contact in the redecision process.
- Apply the contracting process.
- Compare and contrast hard and soft contracts.
- Give an example of a Parent contract.
- Define: first con.
- Elaborate on the significance of confronting the first con.
- Describe how to get back to an early scene.
- Discuss the neurological significance of working with an early scene.
- Elaborate on the role of the Parent ego state in redecision therapy.
- List the 3 types of impasses
- Discuss the importance of personal power and responsibility in redecision therapy.
- List two elements of fostering a nurturing environment.
- List five ways to confront incongruity.
- Discuss the importance of observing time and other procedural boundaries.
- Describe how the therapist can model health to the client.
- Define tracking.
- List the 5 driver behaviors.
- List the 12 injunctions.
- Define the parent interview.
- Discuss the role of the Natural Child in redecision therapy.
- Identify the ego state in which a client’s power resides.
- Give an example of a therapist using Critical Parent appropriately in the redecision therapy process.
- Describe the processes of decontamination, deconfusion, and restructuring.
This workshop is required as part of the Redecision Therapy Certification Program.
CE Credits: 36
|July 16, 2018||to||July 21, 2018|
|9:00 am - 4:30 pm|
659 Edwards Ridge Road
Chapel Hill NC 27517