Make major changes in yourself and your relationship in a weekend and gain the tools for resolving future conflicts!
This is a powerful weekend experience for couples, designated to assist them in making desired changes, both in themselves and their relationship, in order to have a fulfilling life together. Information from redecision therapy, family systems, family sculpting, attachment theory, and other approaches will be used to help couples increase their awareness, autonomy, spontaneity, and capacity for intimacy. Couples often accomplish as much in this weekend as in a year of weekly therapy. Join us for a fun and productive weekend.
Note: We also accept us to two therapists who want to observe in order to learn this process. We will meet with them periodically during the weekend.
LEARNING OBJECTIVES FOR THERAPIST OBSERVERS - THERAPISTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Describe the different escape hatches in couples' relationships.
- Explain what is required and what is desired for intimacy.
- Describe the difference between target strokes and target discounts.
- List the four basic emotions and explain how emotional literacy is beneficial to couples
- Explain the connection between early attachment relationships and romantic relationships
- List and describe four different attachment styles.
- Define "attachment longings."
- Explain how a partner's attempts to connect to his or her spouse will often push that person further away.
- Describe the role of the "initiator" in Pete Pearson and Ellyn Bader's I to I process of communication.
- Decribe the role of the "inquirer" in Pete Pearson and Ellyn Bader's I to I process of communication.
- List three attributes of conflictual communication patterns.
- List three attributes of open communication patterns.
- Describe how couple's relationship sculpts interlock
- List three benefits to group couples' therapy.
- List 5 elements of contracting for safety in group couples therapy
Faculty: Vann Joines, Ph.D., Jessica D'Andrea, Psy.D.
Dates: October 29 - 31, 2021
Times: Friday & Saturday: 9 AM – 5:30 PM; Sunday: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Tuition: Couples: $1000 ($950 if registered one month in advance, $400 deposit)
Retake this Workshop for $200 off
Therapist: $500 ($450 if registered one month in advance, $100 deposit)
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
|Early Registration||$ 950.00|
|Early Therapist Registeration||$ 500.00|
|Therapist Registration||$ 450.00|
|Therapist Deposit||$ 100.00|