This workshop will cover advanced information on diagnosis and treatment planning with the different personality adaptations using a Transactional Analysis and Redecision Therapy framework. Each of these adaptations operate from a different existential position and each has a specific open door in which they easily make contact with others, a target door which is most effective in helping them make change, and a trap door in which they have the greatest defenses and needs to be avoided. We will explore this information and demonstrate it in work with participants. Knowing this information can make you a more effective therapist regardless of your treatment modality.
*Note: This workshop is required for the Personality Focused Treatment (PFT)®️ Level II Certification Program.
* Recommended Reading for this Workshop
Insight Out - The 6 Personality Types That Hold The Key to Success in Your Life and Relationships
LEARNING OBJECTIVES - PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
• Explain the different existential positions
• Describe which personality adaptations fit within each existential position
• List the typical behaviors for each existential position
• Explain the escape hatch for each existential position and how to close it
• Describe the attachment and differentiation issues for each existential position
• State the order of treatment necessary for each personality adaptation
• Match the types of interventions with the levels of functioning of different clients
DATES March 22 - 23, 2024
TIMES 9:00am - 5:00pm daily
FACULTY Vann Joines, Ph.D.
TUITION $390 ($100 deposit)
Retake this workshop for $100 off
CE CONTACT HRS 12