Couples Weekend – A Couples Therapy Workshop to Change your Relationship
Make major changes in yourself and your relationship in a weekend and gain the tools for resolving future conflicts!
This is a powerful weekend experience for couples, designed to assist them in making desired changes, both in themselves and in their relationships, in order to have a fulfilling life together. Information from redecision therapy, family systems, family sculpting, attachment theory, and other approaches will be used to help couples increase their awareness, autonomy, spontaneity, and capacity for intimacy. Couples often accomplish as much in this weekend as in a year of weekly therapy. Join us for a fun and productive weekend.
Couples Therapy Training: We also accept up to two therapists who want to observe in order to learn this process. The couples co-therapists will meet with you periodically during the weekend to discuss theory and techniques you have observed. Dr. Joines is a Clinical Member and Approved Supervisor, American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy.
For Therapists–Learning Objectives:
- Describe the different escape hatches in couples’ relationships.
- Explain what is required and what is desired for intimacy.
- Describe the difference between target strokes and target discounts.
- List the four basic emotions and explain how emotional literacy is beneficial to couples.
- Explain the connection between early attachment relationships and romantic relationships.
- List and describe four different attachment styles.
- Define “attachment longings.”
- Explain how a partner’s attempts to connect to his or her spouse will often push that person further away.
- Describe the role of the “initiator” in Pete Pearson and Ellyn Bader’s I to I process of communication.
- Describe the role of the “inquirer” in Pete Pearson and Ellyn Bader’s I to I process of communication.
- List three attributes of conflictual communication patterns.
- List three attributes of open communication patterns.
- Describe how couples’ family sculpts interlock
- List 5 elements of contracting for safety in group couples therapy.
DATES: Oct.16 - 18, 2020
FACULTY: Vann Joines, Ph.D. & Jessica D'Andrea, Psy. D.
LOCATION: Chapel Hill, NC
TIMES: Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm; Saturday 9:00am – 6:00pm; Sunday 9:00am – 4:00pm
TUITION: Couples: $1000 ($950 per couple if registered one month in advance, $400 deposit) Retake this Workshop for $100 off per couple
Therapist: $500 ($450 if registered one month in advance, $100 deposit)
Chapel Hill, NC 27517
|Early Registration||$ 950.00|
|Therapist Observer Early Registration||$ 450.00|
|Therapist Observer Registration||$ 500.00|
|Therapist Observer Deposit||$ 100.00|