This workshop will present an understanding of how family systems develop out of the Life Scripts of the individual partners who begin the family and how they can be worked with to assist the members in changing the family system so they achieve a happy family life. Structural, Strategic, and Redecision Family therapy will be taught in an integrated approach to maximize change by meeting the family at their level of functioning. Join us for a fun, informative, and therapeutic experience to learn how to work effectively with families in your practice.
Learning Objectives- Participants will be able to:
- Describe how family dynamics are shaped by the parents
- Demonstrate how to conduct an initial, diagnostic interview
- List three different approaches that can be used in treating families.
- Describe the different stroking patterns can exist in families.
- Describe the different levels of functioning in families.
- Explain the “outside in” approach of family therapy
- Describe an approach to making explicit what is happening within the family system to the identified patient.
- Describe the importance of emotional literacy to healthy family development.
- Explain the role of attachment in family dynamics.
- List two benefits to working with the entire family, including children, as opposed to working with just children or just the parents.
- Describe the role of the therapist in an integrated systems approach to family therapy.
DATES: August 16 - 17, 2024
TIMES: 9:00am - 5:00pm daily
FACULTY: Vann S. Joines, Ph.D., Certified Energy Diagnostics and Treatment Methods Level I & II
Trainer and Certified Advanced Integrative Therapy Teacher and Supervisor
TUITION: $390 ($100 deposit)
LEVEL: Beginner & Advanced
CE CONTACT HOURS: 12
CHAPEL HILL, NC 27517